Tuesday 19 March 2013

50 Shades Of Surpise




I hated people who walked around with their face buried in the phones as they pinged/browsed or whatever it is they did while I shook my head at them feeling sorry for humanity. Guess what? I am one of them now :( HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? When I'm not on my laptop I'm on my phone Whatsapping, twittering, Facebooking, reading, yes, reading! I'm the worst form of hypocrite.

Notwithstanding the appalling person I have become I decided not to let it get me down and I said to myself one day, 'no more' (It sounded cooler when I was thinking it). So I looked around and found a book I have been ignoring for a while and decided to have a crack at it.

I finally got down to reading the book 50 Shades Of Grey and boy was I surprised! There was so much hype about the book when it came out but I refused to sucked in to the mass consumerism our culture has become (not that its a bad thing, I'm just being stubborn) and raised my nose in contempt concerning myself with *coughs* shopping. Many hyped materials don't always turn out to be that great, except for Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter and fried chicken, which is why I wasn't so pumped about the book in the first place. Hmmm, I enjoyed the book o.

Some of the things I learnt from the book was:

Staying a virgin counts as you might end up with a Christian Grey to explore your carnality.
Sex is amazing (duh!)
BDSM never looked more appealing
Girls can overthink everything
I didn't know the words 'oh my' could be overused
I'll kill any guy who makes me taste my period!
I was constantly reminded of church. Wish they used a different name :(
No means yes
Yes means yes
Pain is pleasure
The toughest guys can be brought down by the simplest things
Rich people have it all
Money can buy anything
Money can't buy everything
If a guy is good in bed, 50 percent of the time his girl will stick with him no matter what.
Love is subjective
The days of love first and sex second is over and in this case overrated.
Sometimes you have to leap before you look.

I think that's it...yeah I'm definitely picking up the remaining 2 books. It's a trilogy I think. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I guess no NEW discoveries again, the REVERSE tends to be the order of the day!

    Get the other two, and summarise here....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that an order? Haha! Yessir.

    ReplyDelete

What Ije is listening to