Tuesday 29 January 2013

To Get Or Not To Get A Crystal Ball?


I wake up every day not knowing what it holds but I go on with my plans with the conjured premonition that it will be good and back to my bed for the night.

My meeting with A which was on the schedule and not too noteworthy proved to be the opposite. After getting over the rude shock I realised it was a blessing in disguise. Not exactly the way I'd hoped but I guess I don't have a say in how these things play out.

You know that dry month spell, when you've reached your budget spend or saving up for something, you walk into a mall and all the clothes and shoes on display are exactly what you've been looking for your whole life! You then have all this cash to throw away, head back to those stores to pick up these treasures only to find that on closer look you hate them? Yup, it’s one of those frustrating things but nothing wrong with having the cash though. 

It's like a superhero who has a power, like knowing how to tell when others are in danger, but can't tell when  he's the one in danger. Tsk! 

Sometimes, I wish Life gave us a monthly review of what to expect so that we can be better prepared to have the rug pulled from underneath us. Come to think of it, I wish God gave out report cards so I could see where I'm trumping and where I'm not. When it's not a matter of life and death then living for the moment and surprises can be a welcome in fact.

It is funny how easily I make decisions when it’s a crucial moment. It’s all about what is necessary, everything else is an accessory. Makes me wonder why I couldn't see the essentials earlier till this moment. I guess that's a way to view unforeseen situations just go ahead with the necessary and get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Ije is listening to