Thursday 15 November 2012

THE PASSENGER



Why is it that no matter how busy life gets or the number of people around you, there is this feeling of being alone that seems to be forever present?

Or the calm after the storm, where once you've completed a project that has been in the works for far too long, you finally have the time to do all the things you longed for only to miss the rush of being active.

Or wanting so badly to offload to your friends but it seems like an invisible force is pulling you away and all you can do is watch them disappear gradually in the distance.

Certain days this dark passenger decides to make its presence felt, tired of being ignored. What I have realised is, for me this is a 'reboot' period like a sort of hibernation, my mind telling me I'm on overdrive and need to slow down. The difficult part in this is for people to enjoy the company of this dark passenger, talk, share rounds of tequila with it even...just ride it out till it goes back to where it came from. This is something I have long embraced (with caution) because I had come to realise that my dark passenger makes me a much better person.

It's not that the people around me don't matter; I guess I need to be reminded once in a while that we are alone in this world. Yes, we die alone. There's a part of the mind or self that can't be shared with anyone else. It’s a part of me that doesn't communicate in words, there's no human language to translate this melodious cacophony of emotisounds inside.

What is stranger is that it only takes one moment, a smile, a face, a word, a thought, to dispel this darkness and see myself in the light once again which, if I might add, looks even better than before. In everything there is reason to smile and be grateful :) #onedayatatime

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Ije is listening to